At TVX2018 we have an active reasonable adjustment policy since we want to fully ensure that no-one is prevented from attending our conference, and equally so that people can be sure that the conference will present an accessible experience for them before they register to attend.
Our process for individual reasonable adjustments is simple. Please email our Inclusion and Accessibility Chairs with a request (email@example.com) and this will be treated with the strictest confidence. Below we have listed both examples of reasonable adjustments that can be individually requested, as well as the specific steps we are already taking in an anticipatory sense.
- Advance access to the written materials prior to the conference. This could be appropriate for someone who needs to have them converted into a different format (e.g. Braille), or needs additional time to read the materials in order to decide which sessions that they would like to attend (for instance as a consequence of Dyslexia).
- Free registration for a Personal Assistant attending the conference to aid a participant.
- Special dietary requirements accommodated on request, be they for disability, religious, or cultural reasons.
- Arrangement of an individual fire evacuation plan.
We have incorporated a number of anticipatory steps in the planning of our conference. The main steps we have taken, or are planning to take, to ensure accessibility and inclusion are below:
- Accessible Venue. Hanyang University is mostly accessible by wheelchair and only partly accessible by scoot mobiles. A wheelchair elevator is present, with a maximum capacity of 400 kg. A limited amount of visitor wheelchairs is available. If you come by subway, be aware that you may need to walk some distance to reach the venue from the station. If you come by car, BF1 and BF2 in the same building are where parking takes place.
- Accessible Proceedings. We expect that all final camera ready submissions, will be accessible, and we can provide support and guidance in order to help facilitate this.
Getting to and around Hanyang University
We have collected together a range of accessible services and providers, including in respect of how to get to and around Hanyang University. Hanyang University is located near the center of Seoul and you can find us at Hanyang University Station on subway line number two (Please see the attached for more information about the venue).
- From Incheon Natl. Airport to Hanyang University by Subway
Please visit the website at https://www.smrt.co.kr/program/cyberStation/main2.jsp?lang=e, which provide an interactive map of Seoul Metropolitan Subway. Most subways have space for wheelchair users, and Seoul Metropolitan Government provides the accessibility and assistance on request. However, it is expected that passengers check and contact the subway station in question at least 24 hours in advance in assistance is required. For more details please visit the website at http://disability.seoul.go.kr/en/transport/subway_list.jsp?Depth=211
- From Incheon Natl. Airport to Hanyang University by Taxi
There are a number of taxi firms in the Amsterdam and Hilversum area who provide as part of their fleet wheelchair accessible taxis. To ensure availability, it is advisable to book the Taxi at least 24 hours in advance (Call # +82-1588-4388). More details see http://disability.seoul.go.kr/en/transport/transport_02.jsp?Depth=22