SIGMM have provided funding for an initiative that will support up to three people who are unable to participate TVX 2019 due to being on an extended period of leave from work or academic study (for reasons including parental leave, disability or other circumstances) to attend the conference. An example of how this funding might be employed could be to support a person on parental leave in joining all, or part, of the conference as a keeping in touch activity.
This initiative will provide:
- Free registration for the conference
- Up to £350 support for other costs relating to attendance, such as: the provision of additional childcare, travel or other expenses of a partner or carer, or other expenses incurred, e.g., in connection to a disability
If you are interested in applying for this support, please send an email to email@example.com by 23:59 BST on the 10th of May 2019 (extended). In this email, please include:
- Your name and affiliation (if you have maintained a formal connection with a research or industry organisation during the period of leave)
- A brief statement confirming that you are on an extended period of leave from work or academic study (for reasons including parental leave, disability or other circumstances) that precludes you from accessing funding for conference attendance
- A brief overview of the how the funding would be used to support your attendance, with an indicative budget